In relation to getting assistance to rebuild the Sorsogon National High School’s (SNHS) Main Building, a historic landmark, a Facebook Page was born: Project SNHS Rebuild.
On February 18, the core group met at Bulwagan ng Katarungan to plan out the next steps on SNHS rebuilding the burned structure:
UPDATE: February 18, 2014, Bulwagan ng Katarungan,Meeting of CORE group with the following Batch representatives:
1974- Ursel Digo, Lorna Lagata
1965- Rose Detera-DIñO
2014 SSG- Rhea Andrea-Uy, Louis Andrian Aninipot, Adviser Matilde Dino
1983- bERNARD eSTRADA
1989- mARY jEANE cASTILLO, Pierre Dellosa
2002- jAMAICA aTUTUBO, Shonie Detera
2004- rita mae gomez
1976- mARIBETH fRUTO
1999- Sarah Dingalan
1998-Marion Olivar, Norman Deladia
2001-Ma. Theresa Peterson, Dean Michael Tison, Melvin Dolot
2005- Evan Fucal
1. SEED MONEY FOR BANK ACCOUNT– P50,000 (Batch 1983). The account name and number will be posted after we have opened the savings account with BPI Sorsogon
Author’s note: For those interested to donate, you can deposit your donation directly to:
BPI Sorsogon Branch
SAVINGS ACCNT NO. 890 303 8773
Joint Account in the name of Edmundo Atutubo, Elna Banzon, Regina Coeli Gabito
2. SSG 2014– will print shirt (see design used in FB page of Bangon SNHS); this shirt will be sold and income will be contributed to the cause of Project SNHS Rebuild; sale is open to the general public; this shirt will be used by all alumni during the morning activity on the 2014 General Alumni Homecoming
3. Silver Jubilarians 1989 – will make and post tarpaulins to advertise Project SNHS Rebuild (THeme: UNITE, HELP, REBUILD!);
gRAND rEUNION ACTIVITIES WILL ALL BE FOR FUND RAISING– MORNING: WALK FOR REBUILD -everybody will wear the shirt sold by SSG to show unity(snhs annex-bibincahan-barangay road-balogo-snhs main )EVENING: Concert Banda ni Gugo (gen. tiago laguna-batch 76)/bEER PLAZA AT THE MAIN BUILDING GROUNDS TO STIR AWARENESS of the needs of our alma mater
4. All batches are encouraged to have their own fund-raising events, but should be coordinated with the Project SNHS Rebuild in order to pool and centralize donations. they agreed to remit to the core group the net proceeds.
5. Project SNHS Rebuild will not turnover cash to the snhs administration but will coordinate what the school needs, purchase the needs, and turnover it to the school.
6. Everybody is encouraged to promote Project SNHS Rebuild to prevent other people from taking advantage of snhs for their own financial gains.
7. next meeting: February 24, 5pm, bulwagan ng katarungan.
PLEASE COORDINATE ALL CONCERNS WITH ANY OF THE CORE GROUP MEMBERS.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
UNITE, HELP, REBUILD!