- Sorsogon under state of calamity - Rappler March 17, 2020
- First quarantine center established in Sorsogon - Manila Bulletin April 1, 2020
- Sorsogon town buys, sells seafoods to residents at lower prices - Rappler March 28, 2020
- Sorsogon town councilor hurt in shooting - INQUIRER.net March 31, 2020
- Classes in Sorsogon suspended for 30 days due to COVID-19 - Manila Bulletin March 15, 2020
Sorsogon City Archives
Monthly Archives: January 2011
Last night, the author checked Google Maps for any updated hi-res map of the city – it now covers, OLV-Bibincahan, and the Gate 3 section of SPPVS.
According to the Report of the Philippine Commission, a certain Manuel Vivencio del Rosario became the Provincial Secretary of the Province of Sorsogon from 1903 to 1905. He also became the fiscal of Albay on 1905 and later on was … Continue reading
For those who simply love picturesque views, here’s one for you. The picture is a contribution to the wiki of Sorsogon City.
I always wanted to blog about Bacon Beach, also known as Tolongapo (3 rocks can be seen on the coast of Brgy. Caricaran during low tide), not because I find it comparable to Caramoan or Boracay – but this more … Continue reading
Before BRAA, We Have The Bicol Intercholastic Athletic Association. BRAA stands for Bicol Regional Athletic Association. Most of the schools who joined this came from government schools. For a couple of years, I remember Colegio de la Milagrosa and Aemilianum … Continue reading
While searching for related articles on Sorsogon from the Report of the Governor General of the Philippine Islands, 1915, the author found an interesting excerpt from the Report of the Secretary of the Public Instruction, Bureau of Prisons: “During the … Continue reading