Sorsogon City’s Note – this article is taken originally from the angkangpilipino.com, but covers the whole Bicol. In this case, Sorsogon City selects only those from Sorsogon.
The following personalities appear in the book by Elias M. Ataviado, translated by Juan T. Ataviado, “The Philippine Revolution in the Bicol Region” (Quezon City: New Day Publishers. 1999. ISBN: 971-10-1004-6). Their names were outlined under “Acknowledgements” as ocular witnesses of the revolution in 1896 in Albay, who provided valuable information to the author when the book was first published in 1953.
- Guillermo Belludo, farmer of Pilar, Sorsogon
- Pedro Duran, proprietor of Sorsogon, Sorsogon
- Juan Latonero, farmer of Castilla, Sorsogon
- Paulino Marifosqur, proprietor of Pilar, Sorsogon
- Doña Catalina Puentebella, proprietress of Pilar, Sorsogon
- Vicente de Vera, secretary of the Albay Provisional Government, counselor of Justice of Sorsogon Province under the Revolutionary Government, senator, judge of the Court of First Instance and commissioner of Public Service of the present government